Ma’aden continued to deal with the impact of low commodity prices in 2016. Our earnings declined but our investments over recent years delivered a significant increase in production. Despite these market challenges, 2016 has been an eventful year for Ma’aden:
- with a historic visit o f King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, to Ras Al Khair industrial city
- a new Chairman and are constituted Board of Directors
- are structured organization and management committee
- commercial start-up of new projects
- a number of programs to achieve operational excellence, resulting in significant cost reduction and higher productivity.
We also improved our industry ranking and won recognition for our achievement in sustainability.